March is Nutrition Month and across the country dietitians are helping Canadians Unlock the Potential of Food by sharing how food not only nourishes, but also fuels active lives, inspires children, helps heal, prevents chronic diseases – and most importantly — brings people together.
Here are five dietitian-recommended ways to Unlock the Potential of Food:
- Potential to fuel: Use our recipe ideas and smart tips to stay energized by planning nutritious snacks and meals in your day.
- Potential to discover: Foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook alongside of you.
- Potential to prevent: Understand how you can use food and foster a healthy lifestyle to help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Potential to heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference.
- Potential to bring us together: Enjoy the benefits of bringing families and friends together with food and try our delicious Nutrition Month feature recipes.A dietitian can help you to embrace food, understand it and enjoy it.Let us share our passion and our curiosity in the science behind food and its impact on your health.Visit NutritionMonth2019.ca to find more information on how you can unlock the potential of food, including how to find a dietitian in your area. For recipe ideas, download Cookspiration, a free app from Dietitians of Canada.