Enjoy a Sun Safe Summer
Did you know?
- Most people apply less than half of the optimal amount of sunscreen
- Today, the risk of skin cancer is greater than it was 20 years ago
- 6,000 Canadians will be diagnosed with melanoma and 1,050 will die from it
While skin cancer is the most common cancer in Canada, there are things you can do you protect yourself.
The single most effective way to lower your risk is to reduce your exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR). This means using UV-protective sunglasses, broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15, as well as limiting sun exposure between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the sun’s rays are strongest.
There is more you can do!
There is an over-the-counter oral supplement that can markedly reduce the effects of UV radiation.
Heliocare’s patented Fernblock active has been shown to carry out strong anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory and immunologic effects to support skin health from the effects of ultra-violet radiation. Heliocare protects yearround from UVB rays present even on cloudy days in the winter.
Co-Developed with Dr. Thomas Fitzpatrick at Harvard University, Heliocare’s Fernblock has been the subject of over 40 published studies and is proven to compensate for inadequate or infrequent topical protection and help reduce the aging effects of sun exposure.
Heliocare also provides:
- Enhanced daily UV protection throughout the year
- Extra care for skin compromised by laser, light or peel treatments
- Compliment PUVA, PDT or other phototherapies
- Reduce the appearance of photodamage that causes premature aging
In study after study, this Polypodium fern is proving to decrease the consequences of acute sun exposure such as redness and sunburn-cell formation.
Goepp JG, “Lethal Misconceptions About Skin Cancer” in LE Magazine (2008)